Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS), has issued notice to start a common entrance examination for entry level officer cadre and specialist officers. The exam will be held for various nationalized bank in India except State Bank of India and its associate’s banks. The following guidelines has issued by the IBPS
- The exams will be held twice a year for each cadre.
- The list of banks on behalf the exams will be held by IBPS is, Allahabad Bank, UCO Bank, Vijaya Bank, United Bank of India, India Overseas Bank, Bank of India, Dena Bank, Union Bank of India, India Bank, Bank of Maharashtra, Syndicate Bank, Corporation Bank, Oriental Bank of Commerce, Andhra Bank, Central Bank of India, Punjab and Sind Bank, Punjab National Bank, Bank of Baroda and Canara Bank,
- The score card will be issued by the institute that decide the criteria for banks whether to recruit candidates or not or in which cadres. The score card will be valid for one year period from the date of issue.
- The score card will be all information about the candidates like age, qualification and score obtained in exam.
- The above method of selection has the approval of Government of India, and consent of the boards of each of the participating bank and the managing committee of Indian Banks’ Association.
- The above scheme will come into operation for selection of candidates w.e.f. 01.06.2011 in the participating banks.
So we can say now the banks can select candidates as their choice by verifying score card of each candidates.
Download the full text of notice issued by IBPS in PDF format for common examination on behalf of nationalized banks.